Baptism and Membership
CG Bible is an Elder led and congregationally affirmed congregation. Membership is voluntary. We are a part of Church Venture Northwest. http://churchventurenw.org
Becoming a member of CG Bible involves:
- Completing an informal membership class or transferal from another CB church or a church of like faith and practice
- Sharing your testimony of salvation with the Elders
- Being recommended and affirmed by the Elders
- And, if you haven’t yet made the step, being baptized by immersion. Baptism is an outward show of an inward change. More than just a physical act, it is the opportunity you have to show others that you are growing in your relationship with Christ and commit to being His disciple. If you are interested in this, please contact the pastor.
What Does It Mean to Be a Member of CG Bible?
Commitment to personal spiritual growth through regular Bible study, prayer, and fellowship (2 Timothy 2:15)
- Living a life honoring to the Lord by submitting to the Holy Spirit, and confessing and rejecting sin so that He can produce the fruit of a Christian life in us. (Ephesians 5:18; 1st John 1:9, Galatians 5:22-23).
Strengthening the Christian home by promoting godliness, setting a good example, and avoiding all things which work against spiritual growth. (Deuteronomy 6:4-7, Galatians 5:16-21, Ephesians 6:1-4).
- Sharing the truth of the gospel with others (Matthew 28:19-20).
- Faithful support of the church by regular attendance at services and business meetings, the giving of tithes and offerings, and exhibiting love for the brethren. (Hebrews 10:25, Malachi 3:10, 1st John 3:14).
- Adherence to the provisions of the Constitution and the Church Policy Manual.